What can coaching offer?
Many of us meet times in our lives when we feel stuck in what we know is an unhealthy and possibly unfulfilling, yet safe groove.
Life coaching provides a space for you to make changes in the areas of your life you may not be happy with. They will help you to get the very best out of yourself. They act as a guide and support for you to find your own solutions, to help you set achievable steps towards your goals, remove limiting beliefs and keep you on track. They will help you to stay focussed, keep up the impetus and offer useful feedback.
It is a partnership which offers you on-going support to make the changes you want to make in your life. We only have one life and it is our choice whether we make the most of it, whatever our circumstances. Life Coaching is about living your life in keeping with what’s important to you.
It addresses all manner of issues, such as:
- Where am I going?
- What do I want?
- How do I resolve this particular issue?
- How do I sort out my confusing and stressful life?
- Which path or direction should I pursue?
Life coaches will:
Encourage, guide, support and help you as you take responsibility for your happiness and achieve whatever is missing in your life.
- Help you develop greater self-confidence.
- Help you identify and develop your strengths and skills.
- Help you stay on track with your own self-selected solutions and plans.
- Help you clarify your outcomes and what you need to achieve them.
- Help you make steady progress towards goals by providing ongoing structure and accountability
The real skill of Life Coaching is not knowing the solutions but eliciting the solutions from the real expert, you the client.
Here is an outline of how the process normally works:
Coaching begins with an initial meeting usually face to face if possible. We will look at your present health, relationships, work, leisure and your life’s dreams and ambitions.
If you decide you would like to continue we would then set up a meeting schedule, arranging a series of regular sessions, either face to face or over the telephone.
Sessions can be weekly, fortnightly or monthly depending on the level of support and your set goals.
The relationship with the life coach can last for as long as you need – it’s entirely up to you.